Wednesday, April 2, 2014

No Jinx, Please.


I’m almost afraid to type it for fear of bad Ju-Ju. 

Truth is, I’ve felt quite good, almost myself, for the past 3 days. No ill side-effects from drugs.  Only negatives are an annoying outbreak of teenage skin, caused by the Danazol and similar to the problem with the Prednisone; and the continued issue of poor circulation in both hands.

Saturday was a day full of new adventures and rain.  Sunday was a day full of friends, conversations, shared cocktails with co-workers at Dos Locos and rain. Well-rested and content with the world and my new place in it. 
Monday lunch with a friend at another place I’ve never been. A great find. Another hidden gem of a place with great food (most everything made on site) and, as witnessed by the lunch crowd, well worth the price and waiting time.  You want fresh, you wait for it. Period. 

It’s been a time of not caring when I sleep or how long; wake refreshed, calm, almost serene. No negativity to ruin my mood or insinuate itself into my world. I am loving the new experience.

The sun is out for the first time in 5 days and it looks like a grand spring day ahead.  Maybe a perfect day for a drive to the Indian River Inlet to take in the fisher folks and surfers, just for a change of scenery and to get fresh ocean air in my dusty lungs.

I came across a recipe for Fried Rice which is likely to be on my gay agenda for supper this evening. It’s quick, light, and meatless.  I have all ingredients - and then some - so additional goodies may be included in the mix before they go bad in the fridge.

The new Tarot card for April has been drawn and it seems a good one for positive energy and balance. I can certainly use a lot of both as I prepare for the possible upcoming Chemo treatments. 

One step at a time. So far, all steps in the right direction.

And so it goes.

*

Note:  For whatever reason, Blogger chose not to post this yesterday. I found it in the "Drafts" folder this morning.  Don't ask!

4 comments:

  1. sounds splendid! the past 2 days have been gorgeous up here, with only a rainy (not snowy) weekend. continued balanced journey, dear. {{{{{hugs}}}}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to read this. You've earned a stretch of good days. Enjoy and know your thought of!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did your fried rice turn out? I'm interested in the recipe. For fried rice, I usually use left over cold yellow rice and add finely chopped spring onions, red and green bell peppers, and some snow peas. Then I fry it all in canola oil with whatever meat I want such as shrimp, pork, or chicken. My local Chinese take-out "Main Moon" has very good fried rices and egg drop soup.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was glad to hear of this as well.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...