Thursday, May 29, 2014

After the Holiday, Discomfort


Or, something like that…

While mostly good weather stayed with us for the holiday weekend, things have gone down hill ever since. Sure, it may have been somewhat uncomfortable over the weekend, but most visitors could ignore it - being distracted by all the good times and social events. 

That’s over and reality has set in. It’s rained off and on every day all week. Even a few thunderstorms around. The temps have been in the 80s and the rain offers no relief for that situation. Just adds to the misery.

It’s been HOT, but high humidity and a very high pollen count has made just a bout everyone miserable. Allergies play no favorites. Local and visitor alike - all walking around sniffling, wiping runny eyes. 

Seems there’s little relief except in the ocean where the sea water seems to soothe the sinuses, offering some relief. Hasn’t bothered me much. I’ve even taken a few rides in the rain, mostly on back roads, just to get out of the city and apartment for a while. 

I’ve got Labs this morning with the possibility of transfusion later in the day, or tomorrow.  It’s been two weeks since my last transfusion, so we’ll see what the doctor says. 

I am no longer on the Chemo. He took me off a week ago when my white cells dropped into the basement and before I’d be forced to wear the isolation mask again.  Please, please.  Anything but that!!!

I’ve found another whole list of Pern books that I didn’t know about, or even that they existed. McCaffrey did a great job with character development - even with minor characters in the first books who play a greater roles as the storyline progresses.  It’s been great fun to read the back stories of some fave characters who were background noise in the first trilogy, as they become an integral part of the longer saga. 

There’s another trilogy devoted to the Harper Hall alone, as well as a biography of the early life of the Master Harper himself.  She has, indeed, created a lovely world and I am loving it.  Sure makes the boring time fly by, that’s for sure.

A blogger buddy suggested series, more recently published. “The Magicians” series by Lev Grossman.  They are all available in ebook form, too. The third in the series has just been published so if I like the first one, I can get the others without a long wait. 

On another note, the Locosguys left for NOLA yesterday, so I should be hearing something from them any time now. They did pick the dates (the beginning of hurricane season, and the rainy season down there, anyway)so there are few festivals or other distractions to intrude on their holiday.  They aren’t into jazz. In fact, I’m not sure what kind of  music they enjoy.  Again, not my problem.  Hope they enjoy the scenery, the food, and the local hospitality.  They deserve the brief rest.

Off to have blood drawn to make sure I didn’t die over this past week.  Cheers!

And so it goes.

*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...