From Sean @ Just a Jeep Guy…
1. Memorial Day is a day of remembrance but it also signifies the "Official" start of summer. What are your plans this weekend?
If the rains let up I hope to be out and about on the boardwalk people-watching and enjoying the ocean along with them.
2. What is your most and least favorite thing about summer?
Most favorite = seeing folks not seen since their holiday visit last summer.
Least favorite = Obnoxious, rude tourists. And we get plenty of them being a beach resort town.
3. What do you think of when I say "Bar-B-Que?"
Slow cooked meats, well seasoned and so tender it falls apart in your hands. Grilling is great and more common for things like burgers, steaks, corn on the cobb, shish-kabob.
4. What is your favorite summer food?
Summer produce like watermelon, fresh corn on the cob, ice cream and Italian ices.
5. Are you is (in) swim suit shape yet?
Unfortunately, due to the meds I’m taking I have to stay off the beach and remain clothed. A bummer for one living at the Ocean. But, I get my sunshine. The illness has cause such weight loss that I’m basically a rack of bones, anyway.
6. Given the choice, which do you prefer: ocean, lake or pool?
The Ocean is best. Never a pool - too nasty. Lakes are way too cold for me - been there, done that - I shrivel up too quickly. No fun, that.
7. Which summer blockbuster movie are you most looking forward to seeing?
The only hot summer films around here at the big blowout super hero films. I am not interested in those. Spandex makes me sneeze!
8. Summer reading: What? Recommendations?
I strted re-reading the dragons of Pern series again, and decided to continue reading the many others in the series. Anne McCaffrey loved her dragons and the world she created. Great fun, and quick reading.
9. Vacation Plans? If you can't, what would you do if you could?
At this point I have to be transfused weekly which is hardly conducive to taking a break for any length of time. If I could, however, I would take an Alaskan Cruise, a restful visit to Amsterdam, and/or a trip to Northern Ireland to visit the new Titanic Museum. I not greedy!
10. Did you ever have to go to summer school?
Sex on the beach?
Yes! The ocean and dunes between the Pines and Cherry Grove on Fire Island. I was 18 years old at the time. Ah, memories. (grin)
And so it goes.