Saturday, October 18, 2008

A Few Things...

It’s been a dark, dismal, windy day here. Yes, October weather. There is a long list of errands to be run and items to be purchased, but I just couldn’t get the lead out. The chill went straight to the bones. Because the past 10 days have given us sunny skies with temps in the upper 70s - low 80s it takes longer for the blood to thicken; and this old body can’t handle rapid temperature change.

Anyway, I updated a client’s web site; did some cooking prep, and am about to tidy up the place a bit before starting supper.

Not sleeping well; having nightmares, or mystifying dreams unfolding in real places and situations I know well. Only the people are out of the ordinary and the circumstances are ludicrous. Oh, and the bright colours – as in Fellini’s first colour film, Juliet of the Spirits. Outlandish, staggeringly vivid, hyper real and making little or no sense at all, so I am startled awake and drenched thanks to cold sweats. Change of clothes, back to bed, but nothing helps.

Honestly, I am not eating or drinking anything before turning in. Water is my drug of choice following supper, that and the occasional dish of ice cream. Maybe Chamomile tea for a winter nightcap is in my future.

Now don’t go analyzing this situation, it’s probably no more than stress and the full moon. Someone told me that I analyze things too much…I wonder what she meant by that. Yes, I know…yuk, yuk, yuk.

OK, sleep depravation isn’t pretty. But then, neither am I.

Tonight I am about to begin re-reading “The Healing of America” by Marianne Williamson, which I haven’t read since first published in 1997. I am praying for the future of our country and this book will give me hope again, and provide a little peace.

Jeez, I am as gloomy as the day has been. I need to get out of here tomorrow, if only for a walk on the beach.

Gotta get out!!! No, really.

G’night.

*

1 comment:

  1. i hope you sleep well; visualize you are safe and it is OK to fall asleep.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...