Saturday, October 4, 2008

Saturday Transitions and Challenges

No doubt about it, I was dropped on my head way too many times when I was a baby. That clumsy mum! I was about to go shopping for storage tubs for the summer frocks when I fell over those containing the winter things that are about to be free of their contents for the next 6 months.

Hello? Um, empty winter things first, and then fill the same ones with summer things…get it?

Received an expected call from a friend in NYC this morning wanting me to design a website for her photography business. I have been out of the loop on the new programs lately so I ran ‘The Google’ to see what might come up. Not much. I am obliged to use MS FrontPage for two non-profit sites that I maintain, but I hate the damned thing. Two other programs I know are ‘not yet’ compatible with Vista! Well, surprise. What is compatible with Vista? MS has to send reminders of compatibility updates and patches for their existing programs.

The weather today is glorious so I chose to take a walk on the boardwalk to clear my head and returned to ‘the Google’ refreshed for another go.

I stumbled upon a shareware WYSIWYG program that’s intuitive, but hiccups in Vista. I also found a message board for users of this program and I am going to attempt to implement a few of the tweaking suggestions offered. Can’t hurt, can it?

Bottom line is I’d love to do this for my childhood friend because her work is beautiful, and should be seen, appreciated and on the walls of others.

I see it’s cocktail hour and a festive martini looms large in my immediate future. This will give me license to whine about packing away the shorts and tee shirts. Still, the martini and the olives will offer some solace. Cheers!

The sunset is breathtaking; purple, magenta, and a tinge of lime and orange.

No TV or radio news today so is Anna Nicole is still dead, Clay Aiken still gay, and has Dick Cheney shot anyone in the face lately? Never mind, I don’t want to know.

Ooo, I smell olives.

And so it goes.

*

3 comments:

  1. Enjoy the weekend, W!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I share your distaste for Front Page. Among other things it always created the most verbose HTML code in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I yearn for one of those SMOOTH Appletinis at Partners. It just slides down my throat.............................the Appletini that is.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...