Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Rally in Harrisonburg and a Miracle

I just read this over at DU and had to post it. It gives me hope.This rally took place yesterday October 28. If folks would take an hour to actually listen to what is being said and how, this could turn the country around big time.
Obama (along with Tim Kaine and Mark Warner) was in Harrisonburg, Virgina an hour ago (making him the first presidential candidate since Douglas to visit Virginia's Shenandoah Valley) and gave his usual rousing rally (really, when hasn't he?). I'm still incredibly pumped, and I had great seats... but the most amazing transformation took place one row in front of me.

A man, roughly in his mid-30's, entered and sat down. I noticed immediately that he was wearing a McCain/Palin sticker on his sweater. I initially thought he was being facetious, but his body language was speaking volumes. He was a McCain supporter who had been dragged to the event by his wife.

He sat on his hands when Kaine and Warner were speaking, rolling his eyes and making snide comments to his wife. I wasn't bothered by it, because he was one sour drop in a bucket full of enthusiasm. When Obama came out, I couldn't help but notice he was the only person within my view that wasn't clapping but scowling.

But then something happened: He was a captive audience, so, for what I imagine was the first time, he listened to [what] Obama had to say, and a gradual change of demeanor occurred. By the time Obama came to his tax plan and how it differs from McCain, the man seemed genuinely impressed. It was at this moment when he finally started to applaud.

By the rally's end, when the entire building erupted in cheers, he humbly turned to his wife, smirked, and tore off the McCain sticker. I had just witnessed the conversion of a McCain voter to an Obama voter... and it was accomplished in less than hour. I didn't think such a thing was possible.

Holy FUCK. People, our guy is that good.
I've noticed that many wives are voting for Obama while their husbands are going for McCranky. I see it here all the time lately. I am sure that these people have always voted Republican in the past. Not so this time around. Interesting.

The first comment on this piece was this:

"If he'd been wearing an Obama shirt at a McCain rally, he'd be in the hospital."

That's the major difference between the two campaigns.

And so it goes.
*

1 comment:

  1. I hope the Left will deal with the Right with a lot more patience and compassion than what the Right did to the Left x 8 years.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...