Thursday, June 26, 2008

My Life Sucks

Having been pressed into service at the store for 5 days in a row – a schedule that wreaked havoc with my back and hands – I am off for the next 3 days. I’ve set aside one day to devote to laundry, cleaning, and cooking, though with the current heat wave and high humidity, that last one may be put off a bit. I have 2 books to read, and I borrowed 2 DVDs from a friend, so I think I am set for the next few days.

I’ve made my “to do” list and devised the most efficient route to accomplishe everything in the least amount of time.

I’ve been asked by my landlady to help with the pool maintenance in lieu of a rent increase. Me, a pool boy!!! Hell, I could be three pool boys at my age. So, I’m learning how to use the vacuum and skimmer and to check for any rogue frogs and turtles who may decide to leave the pond to take a dip and try to get them out before they die.

As we all know, the cost of everything has gone through the roof, not the least of which is the cost of electricity here. It’s more than doubled. My little apartment is very efficient, but the main house is anything but. Cathedral ceilings and huge ornate light fixtures that will not accommodate energy saving fluorescent bulbs have her in a technology trap and I’m trying to help out with ideas that will undoubtedly mean a change of lifestyle for her.

Well, it’s time to head out to do laundry; they open at 6:30 am, and that will keep me on schedule for the rest of the day.

And so it goes.

*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...