Sunday, August 24, 2008

Chaplin's Great Dictator: Listen to These Words

A favourite scene from one of my favourite Chaplin films, but I am sure I will share others later. We need these words now more than ever.


I once owned this film on VHS when home video was new back in 1977 and I paid a whopping $100.00 for the two-tape set. I have no idea what happened to it after the break up and settlement, but I hear there is a new, restored version on DVD and I am sure it will be at least a 5th of the price paid for the tapes.

And so it goes.
*

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, one of my favorite films ever. I am always amazed that so many film lovers don't know anything about it. He was a genius in so many ways and this film along with City Lights continue to keep me engaged.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...