Sunday, August 10, 2008

Jacques Brel: Perfect for this Evening.

It was a long and tiring day; bad weather and not-so-happy tourists. Then I returned to the apartment and found this. I had been humming it all evening and wondered if by chance it might be available. As you will see, it is.

It brought me back to my teen-hood and 1964 while working and meeting new people in NYC, was introduced to the music of and fell in love with Jacques Brel.
This may have been a Scopitone film, but I don't remember. Here he is with "une valse a mille temps" for all the world to see, again.
I will sleep well tonight with his face and this tune swirling in my head.

And so it goes.
*

1 comment:

  1. So skinny, and such teeth!!!But the best of that era.
    I never could roll my RRRRRRRRRRRRRRs like a true Frenchman,and my accent only sounded passable when I had a cold or sinus infection. So what does that mean, Doctor???
    THC

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...