Saturday, August 16, 2008

Turn Off the News, Really.

As promised in this morning’s post I turned off TV and NPR news today. I weeded the flowerbeds, cleaned the dead frogs out of the pool filter, prepped country ribs for dinner and cleaned the apartment.

I listened to the jazz and Show tunes channels via DirecTV; sang along and had my spirits lifted beyond all expectations.

I could get used to this occasional deprivation, but I’m uncomfortable not knowing what’s going on in the world.

Showered and enjoying a festive cocktail while dinner is warming; after which, I plan to watch a concert DVD, though I haven’t decided on any one in particular. I have a few and enjoy them all. So, we’ll see what turns me on tonight.

I am very relaxed this evening. Hm… I may be on to something.

And so it goes.

*

4 comments:

  1. Greta pic of Himself! Very inventive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Greta?" Guess who isn't doing spell check? Am I missing something but do de "Comment" form have spell check?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good pic, but why the frown? Who took it? You're looking much better than when I saw you last. Keep it up and remember to get out more.
    all the best,
    thc

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uh, Ron...Your Freudian Slip is showing.
    Oh, and btw, that is not a picture of 'himself' but one of your humble host. Don't you know the difference?

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...