Friday, August 15, 2008

It Was All Good

August night and the windows were open, (sing that to the tune “Summertime” from Porgy and Bess) as I drifted off to sleep without a care Wednesday night.

Slept later than usual for me and after a light breakfast and a strong iced coffee headed off list in hand to triangulate the route for the errands to be done. Happily, they were completed in record time.

Back at the apartment there’s a phone message from my friend Ron, attempting to catch up on life. On returning his call he suggested doing dinner again, possibly tonight.

There was web work to be done and a site updated, so I initially wanted to beg off – with the financial situation being what it is – but after thinking about it decided it would be a good thing for body mind and spirit. (See this previous post for more.)

Worked on the web content and prepped it for uploading later this evening. Ron arrived and drove us to the restaurant, which is outside of town. We ordered wine and selected from their new Bistro Menu. The service was good and the food was delicious. The conversation ran our usual gamut of local news, politics, and tourist encounters.

The waiter and I shared travel experiences (he was at least half of my age) and I was happy to learn that some young Americans still have the travel/adventure spirit. It gave me hope. Yes, he has been to Alaska. Juneau, Alaska.

The drive home was the usual “dodge the asshole” road game but we survived without a scratch.

The website was updated and uploaded and I was pleasantly satisfied (the steak did it) for the first time in weeks. It was nice to be out among the living. I gotta do this more often. Thanks, Ron.

Tomorrow I pick up the new point & shoot digital camera I’ve had my eye on for a while. It appears my luck may have changed for the better. I received a $40.00 gift card and the camera is on sale at 20% off. It will be a birthday present to myself. I may even wrap it and place it under my birthday butterfly bush…

And so it goes.

*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...