Saturday, October 5, 2013

Busy Bees, Honey Gums, and Apples


No fever detected since Thursday afternoon.  Don't have great reserves of energy I used to, but I found that after sweating out a breaking fever, ingesting beverages with electrolyte replacement properties gives a little boost and am able to get chores done. I learned this following the bouts on Wednesday and Thursday. 

Before sunrise; before anyone began to stir around here, this little worker bee was downstairs doing 4 loads of laundry, so as to have fresh bed linens and clean undies JIC another fever hits. At this point it appears that the new meds are having a positive effect.  I ain't takin' no chances, anymore.  Could happen at any time and I could end up back in the slammer hospital. Of course, being relieved of fevers, chills and headaches gives me hope to make a few plans for the future in the meantime. 

Went to the Post Office to get my passport renewed. Removed the mask only long enough for the pictures to be taken. They turned out OK, this mug doesn't  look as bad as I thought.  Passport expired last month and I decided to go for a replacement on the off-chance I'll be around a while and in case the opportunity presents itself for a special holiday trip.  I mean, I can no longer work at the restaurant, at least for the foreseeable future, so if anyone asks, I've got the time and the inclination, baby. 

Anyhoo, it being Fall Sidewalk Sale weekend I stopped at a candy table to purchase Dutch honey-gums; great for the throat and good to have handy when the mouth is dry. I was tempted to stop at a few other tables, but thought better of it. No need to push my luck; it's been bad enough lately. As usual, everyone stared and kept their distance as I moved about. People are strange. It was early and not yet crowded, so I believe I am relatively safe. 

As I teased earlier, I am making tentative plans for a trip to Ireland to visit the Titanic Museum in Belfast, and maybe even that cruise to Alaska (there is a special deal in the works for a 10 day cruise beginning on May 1, 2014)  being offered by Holland America, on one of their smaller ships (which I'd prefer) carrying about 1500 passengers. I am not interested in one of those floating cities with 5000+ of my dearest and closest friends.  Besides, there are always fewer children on HAL ships. Anyway… I have saved the info and will see how life turns out over these next few months before making a decision or taking the plunge.
And speaking of taking the plunge (how's that for a segue?) I've just ordered the Apple, MAC MINI (which is on sale at 35% off) and, since it doesn't come with one, an USB Super DVD Drive (not on sale) which compliments the MINI in stylish appearance and quiet operation. The fact that I also receive an additional 5% cash back by using the Discover Card is an added bonus. The package should arrive in about 4 days.  (click the image at right to embiggen & view dimensions.)

As mentioned in an earlier post, For the immediate future I can use the existing wireless keyboard & mouse, as well as my fairly new LED monitor, which already has connection capability for the MAC.  If all goes well, I can always order a regulation MAC Keyboard and Mouse, but this will suit my needs just fine for now.  I'm looking forward to a full keyboard and screen again - and giving the laptop a well-deserved rest. As well as my poor hands that feel as though they've been attached by the thumbs for months.

And so it goes
*

3 comments:

  1. now your are feeling better, don't forget we are to facetime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. no fever is good news indeed! positive thinking helps too, as does an ability to laugh.

    forge head with your lovely plans!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Long time no see!

    Glad to hear your fever broke.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...