Thursday, October 24, 2013

Hi-Ho, The Glamorous Life!


What can I say? A Jet-set kind of guy with a full dance-card.  

Weekend on Catalina, Dinner at Sardi's, Happy Hour with Patrick Stewart & Ian McKellen, an afternoon luncheon with the Obamas.  (Sigh!) There are not enough hours in the day, that's all. 

Ah, that's the life for me.

Then I woke up. (Bother!) The phone was ringing. I did a double-take when I looked at the clock. I had slept 11 hours!  What? Yep, eleven hours. Not a good sign. 

The call was from the Oncologist's nurse. She apologized for the delay in getting back to me. Yeah, what if I had really been in need of blood work or blood?  Never mind.

I have an appt. for a CBC tomorrow at 7:30 am, which I am almost positive will be followed by a couple of units transfusion. I can tell.  I've gotten increasingly weaker and short of breath since yesterday.  As they say, "Timing is Everything."  I will pack a few necessities in a bag JIC, again.

Showed my face at the restaurant, just to say hello, schmooze with customers, and staff.  After about 2 hours I began getting weaker and short of breath, so after saying my good-byes, I made a quick exit.

Having had a bite to eat, and taken a hot shower,  it's about time to take the evening meds before getting under the covers to read for a while until I fall asleep.

The good news is (so far) there are no high fevers to contend with this time around. Yes, well…it's the little things, isn't it. 

And so it goes.
*

4 comments:

  1. ah, the glam life! a drug cocktail, a blood letting, make sure dracula is not present...

    perhaps you will not need a transfusion. and you got to see your customers. it's a start.

    good luck tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One step at a time, you will get through this. Good luck tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope it doesn't come down to a hospital spa stay but good thinking to pack a bag JIC.

    Hope "topping off your tank" does the trick.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...