Sunday, October 20, 2013

Sunday Selfie & Jazz



I can't believe it's Jazz weekend already.  It sorta came creepin' up
while I was otherwise engaged with IVs, Narcotics, and blood-letting. This is the first Jazz weekend I haven't worked in many years and it's not a good feeling.

Had a meeting with the Locos Guys yesterday and they gave me a few pointers regarding short and long-term disability, SSA, etc. and told me that many customers had been asking for me and expressing concern. Of course, it is company policy not to give out personal information, so they've been passing on best wishes via text every few days. 

Knowing I can't return to work right now, they suggested that I (when feeling up to it) come by the restaurant, hang out, socialize with the customers. Seating people when I can, if I feel like it, and just be present for them. As things are, they said it would take a bit of stress off of them, since they are doing my job - as well as their own work. Sounds like a great idea to me. Stuck within these 4 walls isn't fun and games.

A call to the local Oncologist is on the gay agenda tomorrow to set up dates for CBC blood work, any necessary transfusions, if and/or when I can return to work, and if they will initiate the necessary paperwork for disability payments - short-term or long.  Another priority is to ask about the masks and the length of time I ought to be in a public place. But, that's tomorrow…

So, weather permitting, I may drive to the restaurant this afternoon to listen to some Jazz by our 2 different trios as they begin to jam at noon. If it gets too crowded or I get tired, I can always leave.  Kind of paranoid about wearing the mask in public, but I will have to get over that for now. Unfortunately, it is a great conversation starter. I just don't want to explain everything that's going on.  Especially since I DON'T KNOW what's going on myself.  We shall see.

Thursday was Spirit Day and although I was unable to appear in public in my festive purple that day, I did wear it (although it may be hard to detect) and here's my Selfie to prove it. Purple is my favorite colour, so Spirit Day could be any day. 

And so it goes.
*

5 comments:

  1. hello gorgeous!

    yep, you are a people person and need to get out among the living. how nice that your bosses and customers are asking for you; people DO love you!

    smooches for a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wore my new shirt this weekend! OOXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. your selfie you look good......

    to be continued

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you went to hear some music. You know it always makes you feel better. Music is the great healer.

    MJ

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you're feeling back to normal soon!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...