Thursday, October 10, 2013

Music Makes People Come Together

Now you know I am bored to tears.  I wish I could be out and about and among the living, but for now that's not an option. 

I have not done many of these before (although I enjoy reading the answers given by others) because I am usually too busy with work but, I have all this free time on my hands, so brace yourselves.


MUSIC MAKES THE PEOPLE COME TOGETHER 
1. How often and where do you listen to music?When I'm in the car, at the restaurant (we have Sirius there) but the contemporary stations play the same crap over and over, so depending on the customers, we'll put on House, Oldies, or Latino. It is a Mexican restaurant, after all.  At home there is always something playing in the background as I cook, clean, or just for company.
2. When was the last time you bought music in CD format?About 2 years ago. I bought a PUPPINI SISTERS Disc. 
3. Do you buy complete albums or just a song at a time? Is this different now because of iTunes? I haven't bought music in a long time. I have an iTunes acct., but haven't used it yet.
4. From who do you purchase your digital music?
See above. I am switching to Mac, and may begin collecting again. I have transferred a few fave CDs to the now dead PC and uploaded them to the iPod, KIndle and phone, but that's it for now
5. Do you listen to satellite or internet radio? How about Podcasts?
I have a few selected channels on Pandora and listen when I am in the mood. There is only one Podcast I listen to on a weekly basis.
 
6. What are your favorite kinds of music?
Theatre music, pop, Big Bands of the 30s & 40s, jazz, classical; pretty much anything except rap and hip-hop.
 
7. Today's music_____!
There are few new artists I can listen to, mostly because the storytelling (if any) and lyrics turn me off. (i.e. Katy Perry - "Do you ever feel like a plastic bag?")  I mean, WTF?
8. What music is you guilty pleasure?
No guilt, only pleasure. Depending on mood, either Mahler (sends my spirit

soaring) or The Pet Shop Boys (when in a happy dancing mood), if that makes sense. 
9. Have you heard a song recently that reminds you of someone?
No, fortunately I don't know anyone who feels like a plastic bag. Or any other  bag, for that matter.
BONUS   
Do you play music to set the mood? 
No, my mood sets the tone for the music to enhance it.
 
Once it's set, what do you play to keep the action moving?
I've never played music while indulging in bedroom calisthenics. It just gets in the way and can be very distracting. 
Well, there you have it. BTW, there is a storm raging outside right now and I am playing John Pizzarelli to lighten the dreary atmosphere of the day. Works for me.

Thanks Sean, I think.  Just a Jeep Guy!

And so it goes.
*

1 comment:

  1. spouse has a few puppini sisters cd's.

    good to see you posting on a regular basis; we need your voice in the mix!

    smooches!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...