Thursday, December 19, 2013

A=Apple, B=Blood, C=Christmas

No, I don't want a Bloody Apple for Christmas! Maybe a Bloody Mary…let's do brunch.

Having spent most of the daylight hours in the transfusion room yesterday, there was no time to take care of the errands on my ever-growing list.  To-do's that must be done before Christmas, the New Year, and the hospital.  In no particular order.

Two units of blood and a new painkiller prescription later, and it was all I could do to drive home safely. Didn't stop to fill the prescription - not even to just drop it off - that's how tired I was. Of course, the Benadryl injection didn't help much in that department. 

Although the sun is shining and the weather is warm for this time in December, I haven't the energy to cope with going outdoors today.  There is a good reason for this. Since 2 strange antibodies were found in blood previously received, I've become a difficult match. So, I now receive O+ which causes a bit of a shock to my system. 

I should be fine by tomorrow, so I'll get an early start, dropping off the new scrip first, picking it up on the way back when I need to get a few grocery things, anyway. I've decided to roast a small leg of lamb for my Christmas Dinner and it's on sale beginning tomorrow.  One simply doesn't see a butterfly leg of lamb often, and certainly not at this price. 

I want to get everything, or most everything, done before energy is totally depleted and I become a useless slug. Thankfully, none of the errands require braving the outlet malls, or any malls, for that matter. 

People keep asking how I like the new phone.  Well, I like it fine.  It works, reception is good, and it does what it's supposed to do. How anyone can watch video on the thing is beyond me. There are more doodads and whoozles than I will probably ever know how to use, or have use for, but they seem to thrill many people who can't live without them. To me, they're just so much clutter.

The iPhone is somewhat heavier than the LG Android was, but other than that, it's a good product and reliable.  That's the key, for me at least. The case is also dangerously smooth and slides easily off any surface. Not good. First thing I did was purchase a hard rubber snap-on case, which creates a nice friction on any surface. I had one for the LG, as well and liked it very much. Lord knows, they're cheap enough to keep the phone clean and safe. 

The big surprise for me with Apple is the lack of documentation for their products.  I suppose for longtime Apple users this isn't an issue, but for Windows users making the transition can be alarming. If you were a Windows user, you know what I mean. 

The only issue I have with Apple is the constant stream of  necessary "updates" to fix this or that app problem. Even with my own wi-fi it can take a long time. Annoying, to be sure. I do like the fact that updates to the OS are free, unlike Microsoft where they squeeze every penny out of you and usually for an untested, flawed new version of Windows. 

How well I remember that damned VISTA that came loaded on my old (and last) PC. I finally upgraded to Windows 7 - for $100.00 - but it was worth it.

Seems every other day the iPhone and iPod want certain apps updated. I don't have many add-on apps  - Google Earth, Trip Advisor, and Solitaire on both and Google Maps on the iPod.  I've removed a couple that were work-related, like Open Table, and Yelp.  Those 2 were most frequently in need of updating. Frustrating and time-consuming.  Now they're history and I'll be bothered no more.

I see that Sean (Just a Jeep Guy) has posted this week's TMI questions and, guess what - They are phone-related.  Think I'll copy and respond to them. 

The cancer center just called to check up on me and to inform me that I have Labs to be done on Monday at 8 am. This means, if I need blood I will spend Christmas Eve at the blood center.  Merry Christmas!!!

And so it goes.
*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...