Saturday, May 24, 2008

Another Day, Another Kidney Stone.

Only just got in from work. Yeah, I know...it's like I'm losing my mind.

Here's the update, and it ain't pretty:

Even with painkillers the discomfort morphed into heavy duty near-scream levels this evening, so clearly something is moving and there's dirty work afoot.

I'm still standing, but since sitting or lying down in any position offers no relief, that doesn't count for much. As I type this I am trying to enjoy a gin and tonic in the hope that Mr. Sandman will comfort me and bring me rest and a dream tonight. God knows I need both.

Truthfully, I am most annoyed that this situation caused me to miss an evening with a dear friend that would have included catch-up conversation, much laughter, good food, and a Bombay Sapphire Gin Martini. Though, not necessarily in that order.

Yes, there will be other times, but I think we both could have used a good hug and all the rest written above.

The summer season has arrived at the beach, so remove your seatbelts, take off your watches, and enjoy the bumpy rides. All of them!

*

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry we missed our date. Another time. Soon.

    Feel better, dearheart.

    Prayers ascend.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...