Thursday, May 8, 2008

A Flashback: Dr. Buzzard and the Original Savannah Band

OK, so you know where I've been spending time this evening. Sue me. I struck GOLD!
I've found a video of my favourite band of seventies disco. Dr. Buzzard and the original Savannah Band. I had no idea this video existed. It was one of my favourite songs/bands to dance to (along with the Tramps) back in the day. This tune goes back to 1976 and is from their first album (yes, it was a vinyl album - five or six years before CDs) and hearing it takes me back to a wonderful and happy time. Before AIDS changed the world forever.


Hard to imagine that this tune is 32 years old.
So many friends are dead.
All of the dance clubs are gone.
I was privileged to be a part of those times and this great music.

And so it goes.
*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...