Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Quote of the Day

Lifted from TTS.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” — Dr. Seuss

This was suggested by my NYC doctor when I was diagnosed with an ulcer. I was twenty years old at the time. See, I used to keep my feelings bottled up and didn't want to upset the cart, or hurt feelings. I internalized every hurt myself and paid the price.

In fact, The good doctor hit me hard with this parting comment: Keep internalizing and putting your feelings after everyone else's and eventually you will get used to 6 months of baby food.

After that first 6 months of baby food I was a changed man.

I haven't eaten baby food since 1966.

And so it goes.

*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...