Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Ah, Wednesday!

Tuesday: Interesting and unusual day...for me.

I slept in.  Didn't get out of bed until almost 6:30. I really needed the rest and got it. I was refreshed and ready for the day of errands and chores.  I had a list.

Pharmacy for allergy meds was first. Warm weather and growing things take their toll on me.

Next stop - hardware store to buy a small package of drywall screws (to use with the new drill!) since the mega-stores only have them by the thousand. Found a package of 50.  Sweet.

Spent a productive 2 hrs. at the Social Security office learning that I should hold off applying until next year, or it will cost me in benefits and penalties.  If I don't croak before 7/2012 I will receive $200.00 more monthly than if I apply this year, and no penalty for income under 30K.  If I apply 7/2011, I will owe SS  money because the maximum I could make without doing so would be only 14K, which  as we all know, there is no way in God's green earth one could survive on without living in your car, or on the street.  It's very hard to explain, and that's the way they want it.  I'll wait.

A stop at the Cheer (senior) Center followed for more info on Medicare and supplemental insurance options. Got a few tips and one lead to follow up on.

I picked up the cordless drill (G*d help us all!) ordered online the night before.  It was paid for, packed up, in a locked enclosure waiting for me.. I'll have to remember this when I find sale items online that are not on sale  in the store.

Then decided on a treat and stopped by a gay-owned sorta-kinda gourmet shop to buy a small wedge of Brie. I asked for a 1/4 lb; the owner ("friend" from my previous life) asked if I had no friends to share a larger wedge. I left without comment or the cheese. They won't be in business long.

Had to shop for a few things and the cheese section of my supermarket had just the size I wanted. Double cream, of course.

Enjoyed my treat as I read the instructions for the new power tool of death. (Now isn't that the portrait of a gay man? A power tool in one hand, a crispbread loaded with Brie in the other, perusing the how-to owner's manual.  The wine was on the table. Only have two hands, after all.) I will add this little adventure to my LIT kit (Lesbian in Training) and pray I don't cause any sort of disaster.  All I want is to hang a few paintings, photos, and one large mirror...yes, I know.  Be afraid, be very afraid.  I'll get that Lesbian Tool Belt award yet.

That was Tuesday. I'm tired just having written about it.  Still, it was productive and instructional in many ways.

Wednesday: ***crickets***  Nice.

And so it goes.
*

1 comment:

  1. Careful. Remember what happened while trying to hang speakers. And you're left-handed. Not good omens.

    PJ

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...