Friday, April 1, 2011

Flowers, Flirting, and Late Frost

These last two days have been quite a ride. This is an edited version of events.

It's been raining since Wednesday evening.  So rainy and cold in fact, I took the car to work rather than walk, so as to ward off any potential illness lurking about. Of course, due to the high humidity the back and thumbs are giving me fits.  I sometimes wonder if life is worth this level of pain but then, never mind.

Week day lunch visitors are on the upswing and that means people are coming to the beach more often working to open their summer homes a bit early. That's great news.  I'm happy to see their faces again after so  many cold months - they make me think of spring and the summer season ahead.

Unfortunately, thanks to global warming, the forsythia has already bloomed and faded, the hyacinths are on their way to their end, too.  The lilies are almost ready to open and it's only April 1st.! Even though the temperatures hover in the upper 30s to low 40s, nothing seems to stop the green anywhere.

One late frost could destroy everything, but let's not focus on that possibility, OK?

Waiting in the mailbox tonight were (among other trash) 3 more offers from insurance companies trying to sell me on Medicare Part B coverage. I am afraid that I cannot afford ANY of the policies (all around the same rates, BTW) with my present salary and the other monthly expenses that leave me with less than nothing at the end of any given month.

Good news was waiting in my in-box however, the new glasses were shipped today and should be delivered in 2 or 3 days.  I'm guessing Tuesday, which also happens to be my really-and-for-true day off next week. I can't wait.

Then there was an encounter with a very handsome man at work today.  Seemed he was flirting at times, but I wasn't quite sure. Overly friendly and his beautiful deep brown eyes always locked onto mine whenever we talked. (I love when someone talks to me while looking directly into my eyes.) Mostly small talk, but there was an edge to the chatter that made my gaydar go off more than a few times.  Each time I passed his table he would attempt conversation just to get my attention, which I must say, was very easy to do.  Ahem!

After about an hour he left, got into his car (with Ohio tags!) and waved through the glass doors as he drove away.  It was your classic 'close encounter of the third kind' we made contact, of some sort. What?  I dunno. No music of the spheres. Maybe next time...if there is a next time.

Look, I was never good at this sort of cat & mouse activity and at my age after being with one man for 30 years, I am sure I'm even worse. So, there is that reality.

And so it goes.
*

1 comment:

  1. One of these days you are going to get kissed like never before and I can't wait to read all about it.

    Heh!

    WP

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...