Friday, April 22, 2011

Down in the Depths, & Easter Week*

It's been almost a week since I've come up for air to write a personal post.  So here goes.  Yes, the image is that of Divine.  Any questions? 

Yesterday, Maundy Thursday, I was going to get into that foot-washing thing, but then realized I have no hair.  (Sigh!) 

It's Easter week and that means spring break and families with kids are all over the area.  Many in the restaurant - and that's a good thing. We've been hopping (no pun intended) busy all week, and the weekend will be all that and more. The DosLocosGuys always offer a special Easter Menu (along with the regular one) and today I had to stop taking reservations for Saturday and Sunday.

In other news, the battery in my seldom used 4-year-old cell phone (used more in the past year due to the communication demands at work) decided that it could not hold a charge any longer so Tracfone sent me a new one. Upon activation the number was transferred, but not the remaining minutes (total of more than 3200 - it's a pay as you go plan.  It's been 48 hours and the phone remains useless.  Which, btw, is fine with me. Not so with the doslocosguys, but they will have to adjust, as I do. I've always had Motorola phones, but this time they sent an LG and maybe that's part of the problem.

Curiously this here blog thingy has been receiving a flood of visits over the last 48 hours, mostly from India, Indonesia, Thailand, and Java (!) all in search of an archived piece I wrote last year about the first Earth Day in 1970. Wonders never cease!

This here blog continues to get many visits from Arab countries whenever the post is GLBT related. Most are from Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, and Egypt with visitation times of up to 25 minutes.  Posts related to the BP oil spill (remember that?) and it's {{{crickets}}}.  So, what does this tell us, class?

Never mind, I don't want to know.

* Has nothing at all to do with this post, I just love Cole Porter's "Down in the Depths on the 90th Floor" which, I posted via YouTube featuring Lisa Stansfield from the Red Hot and Blue AIDS fundraiser and tribute to Cole Porter.  Have a look for yourself.  The orchestration alone is a work of art.

More later.
*

1 comment:

  1. Call TracFone. They will transfer your minutes. I had the same problem when I transferred to new TracFone numbers for both me and Bill when I transferred our old phone numbers to our iPhones. I was on the phone for a tortuous five hours but I got the minutes transferred. Be persistent.
    Have a Happy Easter. I'm 'celebrating' with a colonoscopy prep on Monday! Oh JOY!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...