Monday, April 25, 2011

The Spo Shirt Magical Mystery Tour

I've been keeping up with the travels of this fast-becoming infamous shirt touring the world for good causes and now Cubby over at Patently Queer (the dear) has posted a travel history for the shirt thus far, and it's absolutely astonishing the roads traveled and sights seen...oh if that shirt could talk!

I followed the link history and discovered that many recipients were able to get very, shall I say, creative (ahem!) use out of the material (maybe thanks to Cubby's magic powder) but when I saw my post I wanted to hide away.  Maybe the cold temperatures and snow hindered the power of the magic powder.  (Hey, I can make up stuff with the best!) Actually, I took a few other pictures, none clever, settled for one and posted it.  The shirt had been delayed and I wanted to get it off to the next volunteers as soon as possible.

Not an easy task, since I received it on 12/26/10 and we were hit by a snowstorm that very day.  It was not sent to the next address until 1/3/11.  You can read the posts for yourself. There's no way I could have shown the shirt around Rehoboth Beach. Fortunately others were able to show off their towns  and share some terrific photos. 

I'd like to say "thanks" to everyone has thus far, shared their humor, imagination, and selves with the world for this project. I am anxious to meet the remaining volunteers and read their blogs, as well.  And Special thanks to Spo for allowing my participation. It's been great fun reading the blogs of others involved and I know I will continue to follow many in the future. You're good and witty folks with a grand sensahumah and I am proud to have made your acquaintance.

And now, for a giggle (spew alert) here are other pics of me in the magical Spo shirt.  Oy!



On the left I look like Peter Pan about to fly off to Neverland (don't I wish) and on the right I seem to be a used car salesman saying, trust me, would I steer you wrong?

Where will it turn up next?

Lame!  Yes, I know.  It is what it is.



And so it goes.
*

2 comments:

  1. well I like both photos! I thank you again for being part of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great in Dr. Spo's shirt! It's you! In fact dare I say I think you look the best of any of the participants so far who have modeled Dr. Spo's handiwork. Did I really say that? I have to be more careful in the future because I think I just gave you a compliment. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...