Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A Wonderful Day Like Today

While the sun may not have been 'as big as a yellow balloon'*  today, the rain held off for the most part and with the mild temperatures running errands was painless and productive.

Hanging folders for the locking file cabinet. (Time to organize. The confusion begins.)

New BASS 'Cushion Comfort' shoes for work.
(I have 3 pair of these comfortable shoes.  BASS is discontinuing them this year.  Of course, discontinue producing a best-seller?  Makes perfect sense to me, Not!)

Drill Bits for the new drill.  (Located in the 'Butch' department at Home Depot.)

A 3-piece bamboo room divider.  (Thrift store diversion on the way home. Exactly what I've been looking for and an asset to the living space.)

The IKEA EXPEDIT bookcase has been delivered (bless her huge Irish heart) and will be assembled on a date to be determined.  Unless I attempt it myself.  Maybe not a good idea.  If I screw up it will piss her off no end.

With this new bookcase in place the room should be set. The CD cabinet (moved 3 times to various spots in the room - almost breaking my back, again) can now be filled and the empty boxes recycled.

I would like to find a high table for use as a buffet or bar and there is still a spot for it.  All things must perform multiple functions here. The room is shaping up, is colorful, and will be comfortable for myself and guests (should there be any) in the weeks ahead.

Found an old recipe for smothered pork chops with white wine, sliced onions, cumin seeds, tumeric, and garlic. No effort on my part, and just what's needed after a busy day out and about. Oh, I forgot about the fresh peaches...there are wedges of peaches involved, too.


Tomorrow is a free day.  May the sun shine, may the winds be calm, may the temperature be mild, and may I wake up to enjoy it all.

*The Roar of the Greasepaint, The Smell of the Crowd

And so it goes.
*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...