Monday, January 2, 2012

Eight-Day Work-Athlon Ends

Just in time.  No injuries or deaths reported, though there were a few close calls.

Truth be told, a co-worker who put in the same days and shifts with me began to fail by early afternoon today, we both had that sinking-feeling, but made it through to share a few hearty laughs and an AS drink together before heading home for a 2-day rest.

A film crew was due at 3 this afternoon to shoot a short video for YELP, but they were a no-show when I finally headed home at 5 pm.  The locosguys were not amused because we had a full dining room for the evening's special and it would have been an easy shoot. 

By the time I left there had been a few scathing emails sent and I can understand why; the whole staff is assembled by 3 pm, the entire restaurant is camera-ready, special dishes are being prepared for the shoot and - - - nothing.  As far as I know, there were no replies to the emails.  It is what it is.

There's not much on my gay agenda tomorrow, just a few errands and a bit of grocery shopping followed, of course, by some winter cooking. Other than that, nothing is planned, and that's fine with me.

Spending time cleaning up and editing slides will be a relaxing way to enjoy the time off. I continue to be amazed by some of the images I've been able to save all these years later. Even more amazed by the quality of those images.  Most of them I have little memory of shooting, but the location and dates, I remember distinctly.

We are due for frigid temperatures overnight and a cold, brisk day tomorrow. It appears that winter has finally caught up to us.  Still, the days grow longer, spring is only 2 months away.  Cheer up, it's all good. At least that's what I tell myself.

And so it goes.
*

2 comments:

  1. Your "gay agenda" for tomorrow doesn't sound very gay at all! Do you even know what gay means? Perhaps you need a demonstration or something. Or maybe just a refresher course?
    Happy New Year!
    m.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eight straight (no pun intended) of work. Congratulations! I probably could not have pulled that off. Five days in a row just about knocks me out of the loop. It's a good thing that you were wearing your Big Girl Panties.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...