Monday, January 9, 2012

Short Films - Short Fuses

Remember that crew that was to have shot a short video for YELP last Monday? It turns out signals were crossed and they were "really"scheduled for today. Oh!  Last week we had a dining room full of people and a pretty good bar crowd.  Not so today.

Snow flurries (not forecast) likely frightened everyone indoors; even the $10. stonegrill steak dinner special didn't seem to have much effect.

Again, the crew was due at 3 pm, but didn't arrive until after 4. The dining room was about half full, with only 3 people at the bar.

When the evening host arrived I chose to get the hell out before the locosbuys blew a fuse. I've  had dealings with the camera people in the past and didn't want to witness the conflagration that could possibly ensue.

While the locosguys were "having words" with the cameraman I logged out, put on my coat and hit the street.  Why?
1. I've been fighting indoor allergies - or the onset of a head cold for 4 days - and not in any condition to put up with histrionics from either side.
2. I think it a bad idea to shoot in winter and expect it to look sort of summer-ish, but they're going to do it anyway.  How they are going to hide coats, hats, and umbrellas is anybody's guess.
I am happy to be home, out of the snow/rain and ready for a festive cocktail before starting the evening meal. I have 2 days off starting tomorrow and I am so looking forward to doing mostly, well, nothing. And plenty of it.

There is a tiny to-do list, but that's all.

And so it goes.
*

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have this new strain of flu. I'm suffering through it myself now. I was just talking to a lady on the phone (I was called into work...AGAIN) and she also has it. Her symptoms were the same as mine - sore throat, head congestion, loss of voice, achy, tired, slight fever. She said this is a new strain of the flu that the flu virus that we all got this year doesn't cover (big surprise). She said this one will last three weeks. I know I have it because my colds usually only last three days, I'm going on a week now and I'm in the stage where I lost my voice (or just about). Tired, achy, lethargic, et al. I hope you don't get it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving this Camera Crew drama. Keep it up!
    m.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...