Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Updates and Loose Ends

- (*)

The good news is there have been no nose-bleeds in 24 hours.  Not much sleep either, but that's another story. For all the bed-rest, liquids, and pampering I don't feel a hell-of-a-lot better today.  Unable to breathe lying flat, I was reduced to multiple propped up pillows to get any sleep at all.  Of course, that's not good for the back, but hey, breathing is more important.  At least I think it is.

I had a hardy breakfast and took another shower before heading back to bed.  When I looked into the mirror I was stunned a bit.  Although I am squeaky clean, I look like a street bum, not having shaved since Monday and with the ragged look in my eyes.  Only missing the chenille bedspread and grocery cart to complete the look. Jeez!  What a mess.

Just finished a lunch of sourdough toast with butter and jam, washed down with cup of green tea and honey, and thought about a post.  Though not much has happened here of note, I thought I'd update a few things and tie a few loose ends of things posted about earlier. So, here goes.

The new shower-head:  No good.  Although the description said it had a 360' function, that only meant horizontally, not vertically. So, if I wanted to use it, I would have to sit down, or kneel in the tub to shower.  Not an option.  When I feel better there will be a trip to home depot for an inexpensive single function model, and that will be that.

The promised photos of Christmas and Hoodie from the locosguys:  Yes, I know.  Sadly, not yet downloaded - or taken - respectively.  Near future, promise again.

The hand-me-down gift of "The Griddler":  I have used it a few times and it does an OK job and it's super fast at high temps.  It's been used for steaks, chops, chicken breasts and panini.  Truth be told, it's not as good as the stove-top cast iron baby I purchased earlier.  Yes, the griddler is super easy to clean and fast, but the cast iron does a better job at searing.  I don't do lots of grilling, anyway, so I guess it will depend on the meat and the mood.  You can quote me on that.  You of the filthy minds!!!

Dr. Spo and the shirt of many colours: He is working on it and provides updates just to taunt me.  The Dear. I am kidding of course, I am honoured to be a future recipient of one of his creations. And, only ONE other person will have the exact same shirt as I. Nope, not telling who that might be.  I provided the fabric and the good doctor, the talent. I just know it will be worn with pride as will mine.

The food processor:  My tiny Cuisinart 20 oz. processor has given up the ghost. Large cracks in the blade spindle and blade slots make me think that one more use and those (and other things) will go flying about the kitchen.  It will never be used again.

I have my eye on one of those duo-units = food processor & blender combo, use the same base.  One appliance instead of two. While I rarely have need for a blender, it would be a convenient tool. It's also from Cuisinart and could be stored in place of the present one.  Almost the same footprint for the base, only extra space for the alternate container is needed.

Hospital payments:  Unless I have another major health crisis beforehand, my last monthly payment will be April 2012.  At which time I will do a Snoopy Happy Dance at the thought of the extra cash, and probably break my neck!

Dental payments:  Again, if all doesn't fall apart in the next few months, the last payment to "Care Credit" will be June, 2012.

Note: Don't be seduced into using this company unless you plan to pay off the initial balance within 12 months. Their interest rates are outrageous and, as of this date, still legal.

Social Security Administration:  Received the first communication of 2012 and essentially it says "you make too fucking much money, so no checks for you, you rich bastard." In so many more words, of course.

I did earn more in 2011 than in the previous 5 years (crawling my way back) following the breakup. That's when everything was ripped from me or went up in flames, but to live under their requirements of $1,140. monthly (gross income) I would have to live in a box.

Fuck'em!  I'll wait...Like I have a choice?

Ain't life grand, huh?

 *  Above image is for Mark of 'Our Simple Lives' he will understand.

 And so it goes.
*

1 comment:

  1. Hey, remember that when you suffer from nose-bleeds, you're supposed to have your head lower than the rest of your body, not higher so be careful with those pillows.

    If you get a new blender/food processor, etc., try the Ninja - I threw out my blender and my food processor as well as my juicer since it does it all and is easier to clean than anything else (be sure you get the 4-blade model).

    I hope you feel better soon and have a wonderful 2012!

    Hugs - Diane

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...