Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Pretty Awful, Not Pretty.

Had a bad night.  Woke at 2 am with a splitting headache that ultimately ended in a 2 towel nose-bleed.  Took a steamy, hot shower then applied an ice pack to relieve the pressure and stifle the bleeding. Finally fell asleep again waking up at regular time feeling a little better, though still under pressure, if you get my drift.

I haven't had a nose-bleed in over 30 years!  Why now?  Dunno! It ain't pretty, that's for sure.

Took another hot shower and felt tired again. There's still blood present, but not in the nose-bleed sense. I use extreme care when using a tissue to relieve that pressure.  I probably need a humidifier because the air in the apartment is probably very dry.

The eyes are no longer watery or itchy.  I have no other symptoms, so I doubt it's a flu bug that's going around. More than likely, it's a head cold. Although I am feeling better than yesterday/last night, I will stick close to the bed today. I've got soup, stew, tea, all ready for the microwave.

The upside is that I can stay home today and tomorrow so I can take care of myself without subjecting others to my miserable countenance.  Hopefully, all will be better by Thursday.

Back to bed for now.

More later, maybe.

3 comments:

  1. I got my head cold this time last week. I thought it would be gone by now but the illness lingers on, taking a circuitous route through my sinuses, nose and throat. I think I have a new strain of the flu. I've never had anything like this before. I think it's going away and then I wake up in the morning and it's morphed into another variation of a head cold. Talking to a guest she said this flu strain last THREE WEEKS! I've never in my life ever had a nosebleed or an ear ache. Thank you Jesus. I hope you're well soon and back to displaying our welcome countenance to the incoming throngs of customers at the Two Crazy Guys Incredibably Clean Food Emporium.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...