Friday, January 13, 2012

Friday the Thirteenth

First a bit of history: The Knights Templar were imprisoned on the date, and FDR refused to take a train trip (his preferred mode of travel most of the time) on this date.

Maybe I should have stayed in bed!

My day got off to an appropriate 13th start. Put music on the player, brushed teeth, then headed to the kitchen to brew a mug of coffee in my Senseo machine. While it brewed, I took out a few things for a light breakfast. When coffee was done, I added a bit of milk and sugar, and sat on the sofa to enjoy the hot mug as I listened to Stan Getz.

A rude awakening occurred with the first sip. It was sour, bitter, gag-inducing. After running to the kitchen to spit it out, wondering who could have sabotaged the coffee pod, it dawned on me. I had descaled the machine yesterday afternoon and I guess somehow forgot the THIRD cold water run-through rinse. Running cold water through the reservoir to get rid of the vinegar used in the process.

Another teeth-brushing and copious amounts of mouthwash did little to solve the problem. It wasn't until I whipped up and downed scrambled eggs with chopped calamata olives & jack cheese with sourdough toast that my taste-buds would even communicate with my (by now) wide awake brain.

Happily, it was all sunshine and lollipops after that. Even the lowly tuna salad and tomato baguette I had for lunch was a little slice of heaven, if you get my drift.

Home now and lying low until Saturday the Fourteenth blows in.

And so it goes.
*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...