Thursday, January 26, 2012

New Tires - Old Story

The new tires were mounted and balanced yesterday afternoon and when I saw the old ones, I was glad I made the purchase. I would never have seen the damage because it was mainly on the inside of the tire which means it would not have been detected until the tires were rotated.  That's how the dry-rot was discovered on Tuesday as the car was being serviced.

The new tires seem to make the ride smoother and the car handles better, unless it's my imagination.  It also offers a quieter ride, at least to my mind. I'm a happy camper - and I feel safer, too.

Of course, the old story is that the expense couldn't come at a worse time; with shorter work hours and the recent medical expense due to the sinus infection (I have no idea what the ER bill is going to be), I am a little deeper in the hole than I had hoped.

Needless to say, I used a card to pay the auto bill. I'll work out the payments next month when the statements arrive. The owner of the repair shop (and most of his staff) are regulars at the restaurant, so I was given a nice little discount, which was very kind and unexpected. A nice surprise, that.

Finished the antibiotic yesterday (Yay!) and feeling a little more energy every day.  The infection took its toll but now it's gone. Looking forward to getting back to work today - not to mention my first after shift cocktail in 10 days.

Have a craving for greens lately (don't ask!) and picked up a bunch of Kale and fresh spinach for dinners over the weekend. 

More later.
*

1 comment:

  1. Pray to God you don't have to go to the dentist anytime soon. Keep flossing those teeth!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...