Monday, January 23, 2012

Robo-Calls & Sinus Stress

Seventh day into the antibiotic and I am finally feeling the difference.  The head is clearer, the sinus cavities are pain-free, no trace of blood, and I feel energy returning to this tired, old body. It just doesn't heal as quickly as it did when I was younger.

Taking no chances, I've driven to work every day this week. It's been raining and/or cold and it was just easier all round. Work and customers have been a welcome diversion and without clogged sinuses, more pleasant as well. A great way to pass the days taking the drug and not thinking too much about anything stressful or unpleasant.

And, no, I will not list those things because that would only cause stress.  Duh!

On the subject of stress; the home phone rang last night at 11:30 pm, long after I had gone to sleep. Now, no one wants to receive a phone call at that, or any later hour of the night, so I looked at the clock, turned on the light and cautiously answered the call - expecting the worst.

Would you believe me if I told you it was a recorded robo-dialer asking me to bring all of my old gold jewelry to some hotel on Monday to make some 'real' money.  Ya know, you just can't make this stuff up.  I hung up and started to laugh uncontrollably as I sat on the edge of the bed feeling like a fool.  Needless to say, it was not easy to get back to sleep after such an incident.

I mean, the nerve to set the timer of a robo-dialer to such a late hour - there may be angry insomniacs lying in wait at that hotel on Monday.  I'll check the newspapers and let you know. 

Looking back, it really seems a very clever idea, since I think most people fear late night calls and are more likely to pick up the call rather than let it go to voice-mail.  That said, I'd still like to strangle the bastard who thought it up.

Meanwhile, I am going to enjoy (?) a stiff iced water while preparing supper.  All bets are off for the rest of the evening.  Sigh!

And so it goes.
*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...