Tuesday, January 24, 2012

How I Feel Right Now

Another step forward, then two steps back.

The good news:  Took the car in at 8 am for the 24K mile service.  Oil change, filters, belts, etc. checked and changed as necessary. New wiper blades and the tires rotated and balanced.

The bad news:  The tires are terribly dry-rotted and must be replaced.  Two are in very dangerous condition. It was suggested that I drive as little as possible for now. A set of new tires was chosen, ordered, and will be installed tomorrow afternoon.  Today, I wish I had a magic carpet, you know, no wheels!

Needless to say, the other items and stops on my to-do list are cancelled and only the laundry will get done this afternoon.  That's good enough.

I won't be ordering any books or purchasing meats & cheeses for a Muffuletta sandwich any time soon. The tires and service will cost a hefty amount, though I won't find out the total until tomorrow.  They plan to put it all on one bill, makes it easier that way. Of course, this is sending me right off the edge of a cliff, financially. No more, please!

But it needs to be done.  I can't complain, the car is 7 years old (I've had it since 2007) and those are the original tires.  With as little mileage as I have on the car I guess the tires ought to have lasted longer but, it isn't garaged, and life on the street subject to the elements takes its toll.

Besides, it is what it is.

The weather is gloriously warm today and the sun just came out after 2 days of rain. I may just grab the camera and head down to the beach for a few pictures to take my mind off these things.

Update:  Tomorrow is the LAST day of antibiotics and I've been promised a big surprise after my shift on Thursday.  Gee, I wonder what that might be?  Hmmm.

And so it goes.
*

1 comment:

  1. We both got hit with a BIG BILL today. I know how feel, a sinking feeling in your stomach as you try to keep expenses under control. At least we had glorious weather today which helps to make up for the bad news you got today.

    Whatever the big surprise is for after your shift tomorrow, I hope it is something good for you. You deserve some good news for a change.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...