Friday, January 27, 2012

Random Restaurant Silliness

Those recent solar emissions must have had more of an effect on the humans of earth than anything else. 
Phone rings.

Me:  Good Afternoon, Dos Locos.
She: Oh, are you open?
Me:  No, actually I'm taking calls from home today. Of course, we're open!
She: Oh, well, will you be open at all this weekend?
(The restaurant is open 7 evenings a week and 5 days for lunch in the off season.)

Phone rings.

Me: Good Morning Dos Locos.
He: Will you be showing the Super Bowl on your big screens?
Me:  Of course - all 6 of them.
He:  I'd like to make a reservation for 6 for the Super Bowl.
Me:  I'm sorry, we don't take reservations for the bar and lounge.
He:  How am I supposed to see the Super Bowl without a reservation?
Me:  The way I see it, there are 2 choices; show up and take your chances like everyone else, or stay home where you're bound to find a good seat.
He:  That's not funny.  Let me speak to the manager.
Me:  This is he.  Any more questions?

Phone rings.

Me: Good Afternoon, Dos Locos.
She: What are your hours today?
Me:  We're open from 11:30 to 11.
L O N G  S I L E N C E
She:  So, you are only open for a half hour today?

(You cannot make this stuff up.)

NOTE: Remember, Rehoboth Beach, DE is known as "The Nation's Summer Capital" for many reasons.  Here's one.

Arrived this morning to find a reservation for Saturday evening in the name of a customer from Washington, DC. He works for a member of the House who happens to be extremely homophobic, therefore he isn't 'out'.  Not that he would need a neon sign, or anything. Ahem!
The request tag on the reservation states that he wants "cute servers" to cover the party of 18.  All, no doubt, government staffers in good jobs and possibly similar situations.

Now, this is where I get angry. Who qualifies as a "cute" server? All of our servers are good looking, male and female, and some are knock-outs.  Depends on your taste, I suppose.
Why are these people working for those who spend their lives (and make lots of money) oppressing the LGBT community?  IMHO these types will get what they deserve sooner or later.  I am just grateful I don't have to be present when this party arrives.

I will make certain that their tables are set up in a festive (read GAY) manner -  I'm wondering if I ought to have colorful condoms rolled in the napkins with the flatware and beads.  Just kidding.

And so it goes.
*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...