Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Luxury of Doing Nothing

I DID try, honestly I did.

But other than eating, sleeping, reading, watching YouTube videos, and cleaning up a few scanned images, not much else got done these 2 days off. Tuesday was a total chill-out day - didn't leave home at all.

Today, I've had only enough energy to do the bit of grocery shopping for necessities, and whip up a Remoulade sauce and Muffuletta olive salad. Both need to settle for a few days to a week, respectively.

Weather turned clear and cold overnight with a morning temperature of 13'F here.  That was almost enough of an excuse to turn me off the idea of driving to the supermarket (almost!), but I knew I had to get those few things because I couldn't do without them for another week.

Arrived home to find  the landlord's van parked in the driveway and 2 maintenance guys emptying the apartment next door of furniture, bedding, rugs, kitchen supplies, and God-know-what stuffed in huge plastic bags, and dumping it curbside. One of their big trucks will come by later this evening to take it all away.

It appears that the neighbor (who had lived there for 14 years and never missed a rent payment) suddenly vanished without a trace. No foul-play is suspected because there was no TV, audio equipment, cable box, or telephones.  Just all the stuff he didn't want, I suppose.

I had not seen him in about 2 months, but his car was usually parked nearby as I walked to work daily. However, I don't remember seeing it during December, but I was too preoccupied to really notice.

I can only hope the next tenant the landlord finds is a non-smoker. It's a new year and one can hope for the best.  The smokers on the other side have been pretty quiet and I haven't smelled tobacco smoke - yet.  That could change as the weather turns colder. (sigh!)

And so it goes.
*

1 comment:

  1. Two months of not seeing him and no foul play involved? I'm thinking that you old neighbor is no longer with us living folk.
    Were you able to dig out any good stuff from his junk there on the curb?
    Take care!
    m.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...