Monday, January 30, 2012

Boredom in a Beach Town

OK, I realize it's January in a beach resort town, but frankly, we've been spoiled.  The weather has been so unlike previous winters that the restaurant has hummed along with diners coming out to enjoy 60' and 70' temperatures.  Not so today.  Diners were in short supply though the weather was quite mild. I haven't experienced this sort of thing in the 4 years I've worked there.  Must remember though, it IS January.

My 2 days off are going to be beautiful and mild with the thermometer reaching the mid 60s F. both days.  Having finally received the last link in the chain of documents required to do my taxes, that will take up part of one day. Praying that I don't owe more and maybe even be in line to receive a small refund.  Hey, it's a dream, ya know.

With the Chariot fitted with new tires and a fresh tune-up, I plan to take it out for a long ride.  Driving 2 - 5 miles weekly isn't good for the engine, battery life, or my own health, for that matter.  Fenwick Island, DE and possibly Ocean City, MD are in my sights, not for anything in particular, just to visit, see what's new and open, and maybe take a few photos in the process.

Someone from the previous life dined with us on Sunday, and while we caught up on life, I mentioned that I was in search of a new doctor, since mine has taken a prestigious new position with the area hospital and only sees a few patients (I am one) on his "light" schedule of 2 half days weekly.  Not acceptable for me.  I cannot wait 2 months for an appointment. I was given the name of a new PCP in the area and will call to find out if he is accepting patients.

I reluctantly finished "Pops a Life of Louis Armstrong" over the weekend and want to thank a certain Mermaid for her post that spurred me to order the book in the first place.  It was an amazing experience to read about his life, his genius, and his music (which I had always taken for granted because I adore his work) in a book written by a musician and historian.  I didn't want it to end.  You may enjoy it, too.

And so it goes.
*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...