Thursday, September 5, 2013

Bone Marrow Biopsy at 11:30 am Today!


The bone marrow biopsy appointment is set for today at 11:30 am. (They moved it up due to frantic rescheduling, which is fine by me.)  I'm ready to get it over with and get prepared for work
on Sunday.

I've been asked if I am afraid, or scared.  Well, of what? Any pain or soreness?  After last weekend I don't think that's an issue. Of the possible diagnosis of cancer? I've admitted the possibility, but No.  I haven't allowed myself to drift that far down stream. Presently, I want to maintain the stability I am enjoying and keep the healing process going.

I've become acutely aware of my body's responses to every day activities. So far, I've noted little change in the energy level, an increase in appetite, a low tolerance for sodium in any form. (That may be due to the new blood or the antibiotics in my system.) I seem to have more strength in my arms, but not legs. 

Now for a quick shower, then off to the Dr's office. 

Wish me luck.

More later.
*

5 comments:

  1. Good luck and I hope the outcome is favorable for you. 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. S.O.P. will get you back running ..... :-),

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope everything went well for you today.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've noticed a definite decrease in my appetite which is probably a good think since I was in the process of developing a permanent spare tie. I have no taste for sweets either which may also be my medication. Also a good thing, the no tastes for sweets that is.

    Yesterday I saw my cardiologist. I'm a "go" for my kidney stone bath. My blood pressure is down from 183 to 120. That's more like it.

    Hope all goes well with your tests. As you can tell, I'm still catching up on my bloggers and e-mails. So far behind.

    Ron

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...