Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Heading to the Country of Beignets & Crawfish


Yes, for better or worse I'm heading to the airport for the flight to NOLA. Continue to spike moderate fevers - up to 100.9 F - and activities have been curtailed, but as I said earlier, it's paid for and if an emergency arrises I'll deal with it as I can.

Travel light so less strain on the back and body in general.  Key is to stay away from large groups of people, and crowds.

I am oddly ambivalent about this trip.  Usually I'd be over the top excited about all the possibilities, but not this time.  Maybe it's due to the health related events of the past month, but no rush of enthusiasm to get where I am going.

I foresee lots of rest, especially if I spike a high fever, and fewer to-do's on my gay agenda. Still, I will see friends at least a few times and eat good food when hungry.  Sense of taste has yet to return in full, so there's that disappointment, too.

The good news is I am rested and better than I was a week ago.  The only bad news is that I've lost 3 weeks pay.  It is what it is.

Posting will be light, if at all. Be kind to one another, stay away from Navy Yards,  and don't plan a cruise on the Costa Concordia.

And so it goes.
*

4 comments:

  1. Be well and enjoy your trip as you can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forget about the world. Focus on yourself and enjoy.

    Bon Voyage!
    Hugs
    Jon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking about you today. Just an absolutely gorgeous fall day to fly the big bird to NOLA. Could've been rain you know. Rest up in NOLA and savor the pleasure of something different and familiar at the same time. I'll try to call you on FaceTime.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...