Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Communication is Overrated.


(Image: current hospital fashion accessories.)

Dropped off the prescriptions to be filled at the Supermarket Pharmacy and completed the forms to become a member of their discount clue, then did the necessary shopping while waiting for them. I can no longer take plain aspirin for headaches (it’s a blood thinner, which I do not need) or Ibuprofen for the same reason, so I picked up a bottle of Acetaminophen.  The stuff  has never offered relief of any kind, but it is what it is.

I picked up yogurt with "active cultures" to replace the bugs killed off by the antibiotic, sweet potatoes and bananas (high in potassium) and lots of other fresh fruits and veggies. Also picked up a few thin sliced rib-eye steaks for quick suppers. Having lost 10 lbs. over the past week, I need to build strength, fortunately the higher blood count has given me more of an appetite.

Since the scripts weren't ready I called the dry cleaners to check on my shirts and slacks only to be told there was nothing there under my name.  I didn't have the receipts with me, so I let it go, though it would have been convenient to get all these things done in one trip.

Took a stroll through the health aisles one more time thinking of any necessities I might need for the NOLA trip. Nothing caught my eye that can't be purchased once I get there.  Yes, I still plan to go.  After all, this could well be the last holiday trip I can make, so I want to make the most of it. Imbibing will be kept to a minimum.  Just hope the blood count remains up and stable.

Meanwhile...

While paying for the scripts, I noticed the absence of the discount member card and asked about it. The pharmacist had not seen the forms, so it took another few minutes to sort that out.  Finally all was squared and I was off to checkout. 

Picked up 2 slices of pizza on the way home - a spur-of-the-moment craving - and the car smelled heavenly all the way home. Though more salty than usual (or is it me?) I enjoyed them and washed them down with some home brewed iced tea. Something I haven't done in a long time.

Played telephone-tag with the Oncologist’s staff all day Tuesday until I finally gave up and waited til after office hours, left a message with times I would be available to call Wednesday.

Watched a few documentaries on YouTube, had a broiled pork chop and salad for supper, followed by a little ice cream and a banana before bed.  I read for a while, but sleep wouldn't come. Must have been the caffeine in the iced tea.  The body is more sensitive to everything nowadays.

So far everything seems to be holding steady with no lack of energy detected. I have nowhere to go today, so I await a call from the Oncologist's office to finalize a day and time for the biopsy.  Hopefully before week's end.

And so it goes.


2 comments:

  1. your scripts will make a lot of processed food taste "too salty"

    besides fruits try almonds,walnuts and pistachios.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GO GO GO to NOLA. it will be good for your soul. eating habits you can adjust. and please keep us posted on MD follow-up. smooches!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...