Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Fever All Through The Night.


Thank you, Peggy Lee.

Before hitting the sack this morning (I swear it's been at least a dozen years since I've seen a clock strike 12:00 am, unless I was rudely awakened for some reason) I loaded up with an icepack, took a couple of Tylenol, and 2 Flexeril, the muscle relaxant. The fever was in full swing at 100.3 which may not sound like much but when your immune system has been ravaged it's a significant number. The throbbing head and watery eyes were the first to let up, but the fever lasted until around 4 am when I woke and realized I was swimming in bed.

Off came the linens and mattress cover and though I was weak and wobbly, changed everything before getting back under the covers.  It felt great to be pain and fever free and I quickly fell fast asleep again to wake up feeling refreshed at around 10:30 am. Glad I had the day off.

After breakfast, I went downstairs and ran 3 loads of bed linens, not because I felt that great, but this is my last day off before I leave for New Orleans and I wasn't going to leave that damp stuff lying around the apartment.  

Oddly enough, the 6 trips up and down the stairs didn't become a problem. Maybe because there was an hour between each trip, but I didn't get winded or sweaty - and it is very steamy here today. Last I checked it was 93' F!  So the  laundry's all done, folded and put away.  I just hope I don't have to change the bed again.

Note: I should never have allowed Jeeves to take September off.  Just when I need him most. Ah, he's probably basking in the sun and sipping cocktails on Cabo.  

Received a call from the Oncologist's office asking for a status update, I told all.  She wrote it all down, including the time of day, any activities, and duration of each incident. She then stressed the importance of bringing along all medications, supplements and OC stuff I take daily. Should be fun.  Not!

I'm indulging myself with a small steak, baked potato (half) and brussel sprouts for supper this afternoon/evening. That'll be more than I usually put down anymore. And, I may even indulge further with a glass of wine. It's been over 2 weeks so I'll probably be quite ready for bed shortly thereafter. 

I've been reading a book on the history of Greek and Roman Gods and Goddesses as well as a mini-guide to the iPod - I still don't know how to get the most out of it.  However, I doubt the Kindle will be open again today. 

Ron, the dear, over at Retired in Delaware has published a post about our current medical soap operas, which you may want to check out for yourself. I get too dizzy trying to follow along. He also sent via email, a number of pictures from our Kalmar Nyckel voyage of discovery and as I downloaded and viewed them I could not believe the weight I'd lost even as of 8/20. My jeans look like I'm wearing gunny sacks. I can't believe Them pitchers ain't pretty, so I ain't posting them - at least for now.

At this moment there is nothing more to share, except my love for you guys for your continuing words of support during this bizarre time in my life. Thank you all for the visits, comments, and well wishes.

And so it goes.
*

3 comments:

  1. MWAH! hope the MDs get to the bottom (!) of this soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am glad to hear you are surrounded by those who care and love you; the best medicine - after laughter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a hunch your upcoming trip to NOLA will be just the right medicine to bring you back among the living. My God, it's been YEARS since you've had a break!

    Enjoy your trip and know that we're all wishing you the best in every way.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...