Monday, September 16, 2013

In the Past 48 Hours...



 I learned that a computer might steal my job - if my health doesn't do me in, first.

I learned that there are hundreds of people still missing in Colorado due to the ongoing rains and flooding. And so it goes.

I learned that butterflies drink the tears of turtles for their salt.

 I learned that a new born baby elephant rejected by its mother (who attempted to kill him) wept for hours until finally bonding with his rescuer and zookeeper.

I learned that owners of fast food restaurants CAN have a heart and do the right thing by offering a $15. hour starting wage. No, not the big guys.

I learned that the tentacles of Monsanto's GM products extends into every major food group and beyond.  In products you thought were safe.

I learned that the US and Russia have reached a deal.  Russia will destroy Syria's Chemical weapons, you know, the ones Russia sold them in the first place.  Nice gig, that.

I learned that the House Republicans is going to vote (yet again!) to repeal Obamacare.  This will be vote #42, btw.  (Why not just let it fail? if they are so sure it will, then reap the benefits of the good old "I Told You So.") In truth, they fear it will succeed and they'll look even more childish than they do wasting taxpayer dollars voting 42 times to repeal the damned thing.

I learned that BIC (pens) has come out with a pen "just for women" available in bright women's colors.  (What the hell does that mean?) I wonder if they include instructions as to just how to use their product and how they might differ from the Men's pens women have had to use all these years.

I learned that someone with way too much time on their hands has taken fictional characters and given them the Myers-Briggs treatment.  These are fictional characters, people! Their personality types come from the author's imagination.  What am I missing here?? Anything???

I learned that there will be an attempt to right the cruise ship Costa Concordia, resting on its side in a tiny Italian harbor since January 2012. Two bodies have yet to be found and the ship's Captain remains in custody awaiting trial for being a coward - being one of the first off the vessel as it capsized. Ah, the Italians. 

I learned how to make ice cream in only a few minutes.

I learned that the Monsanto Protection Act has been extended by the House. And still no labeling required.  Rich get rich and the others consume GM foods, and like it!

I learned there is something called "BaconLube" for sale on the Net. I can imagine two folks have great sex, stopping everything, and getting up to make breakfast.  Distracting, no?

I learned that thanks for Mr. Snowden, the NSA has cornered the market on anti-diarrhea liquids and pills. That old adage "it's an ill bird that fouls its own nest." has the NSA doing that on such a massive scale that the extent of the fouling is just beginning to dawn on the rest of the world.

I learned that a low-life "Emergency Manager in Detroit took it upon himself to cause a citywide power outage.  Yes, he did it intentionally.  He said he did it to "send a message."  What that message might have been, isn't clear at present.


Think I'm bored, huh!  Temp so far is 98.6 F.

And so it goes.

2 comments:

  1. my stars! the things one can learn by reading your blog!

    NOLA tomorrow, baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post! Great idea! I might just steal it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...