Saturday, September 21, 2013

it's a B. F. D. !

And no, it doesn't mean what you think it does  This has been such a fucking joyous trip, I cannot put it into words.  Well, I could, but I'd probably get booted off Blogger.  It means: Boring. Feverish. Disappointment.  Also tired of looking at the inside of this tiny room. I don't usually care about a small room, it's normally only used for sleeping.  Not this time.

Remember  hurricane Manuel, who wreaked havoc in Mexico the last few days? Now all the leftover rains have been drowning east Texas, and will be stopping off here for another day or two. Torrential rains have already led to flash flooding in town and surrounding parishes.

Ventured out in it this morning hoping to find a single seat to have breakfast. Wherever I went lines of people were already waiting.  The average wait (even for one) was 45 minutes, and knew I couldn't wait that long - especially standing in the rain.  Yes, I had an umbrella, but it was no match for the wind blown rains.

I gave up and went to the market for a sandwich. Hey, at least it knocked out the headache. I arrived at the room wet and cold.  A short bout of chills followed, so shed the clothes and slid under the covers to warm up.

Ate the sandwich and drank copious amounts of water. Took my temperature a half hour later. It was 101.3F,  and I'm not happy.  The ice pack cometh.

If it doesn't drop soon, I won't be attending the dinner this evening. Can't take the chance of getting an infection by being in a huge crowd, in an enormous fine dining restaurant. I've  taken too many chances already this week. It is what it is.

Ain't life grand, huh?

And so it goes.
*

4 comments:

  1. I am so sorry that your fever is still plaguing you. What a bother, and then the rain. This doesn't help but the weather here has been just fantastic. And you say the Two Crazy Guys are in PV now, with that hurricane?
    In addition to the perfect weather the traffic has actually been civilized. For myself, I'm still weak after getting "beat up" yesterday at the Milford Hospital. At least I'm passing the remnants of my two remaining kidney stone but I almost passed out at BJ"s (of all places) this morning. I had to grab the cheese case to prevent falling down on that cold cement floor. Ah the joys of senior years. I hope your fever takes a quickie vacation and the sun returns before you leave NOLA. Have a safe trip home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-(

    lets hope a good post on dinner is coming today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well that's crappy. Hope your fever breaks soon and you can soak in the rays of some old friends and new food experiences tonight.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...