Saturday, September 14, 2013

I'm Done!


I've been checking my temperature every 2 hours.  Roller coaster ride from 99.8, to 98,9 then shooting up to 101.4 this afternoon,  so perhaps the antibiotics haven't kicked yet.  Took Tylenol, grabbed an icepack and went to bed. The usual drill. Last time I checked I was down to 99.0 again.

I was hoping  for a good day of rest without discomfort, but that ain't happening.  I'm disappointed, after all these are some powerful drugs and my prescriptions are for one year. Instructions read: "Finish all this medication unless otherwise directed by prescriber." No one from the doctor's office has returned my calls from yesterday, so I'm on my own with nothing new to report. 

My boss called and told me to rest instead of trying to work the weekend. Of course, when I don't work, I don't get paid either. I've now lost about 3-weeks pay, which will be hell to make up at this time of year.  It is what it is. 

You know, I'm really and truly tired of writing about this crap, so if I can't find something interesting to write about I am not going to write anything.  I'm sure people are as bored with this medical gibberish as I am, or more. 

The trip may be canceled if things don't settle soon.  I can't see spending most of the time in bed with an icepack and Tylenol taking the antibiotics twice daily.  That isn't my idea of fun.

So, have a good weekend all, and I'll see you when the ride is over and I am stable (don't say it!) with no more aches, headaches or fevers.

And so it goes.
*

2 comments:

  1. How frustrating; I am saddened for your misfortunes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry that some lingering "thing" is continuing. Hopefully you'll be able to turn the bend soon. I have and it feel sooooo good! I'm still tire easily and I do have the procedure coming this Friday to blast my two remaining kidney stones but at least I have my appetite back and am feeling ornery again. I missed two whole weeks of pay too Exactly. It's a bitch ain't it?

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...