Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Finally! Three Years Later...


I sent the final check to the hospital this morning. Above is the header of the original letter from the CHAP program containing my member number, and the invoice for the first payment. (click to embiggen.) Note the date. I make too much money to qualify today, plus I am covered by Medicare now, which is better than nothing, I suppose.

It feels good to know that I am totally free of the debt. A sense of relief after 3 long years. A little breathing space is a welcome thing.  The only other biggie is the dental bill, which will be paid off with the June payment.  What on earth am I going to do with the extra money? Maybe I'll just pile it up on the kitchen table and stare at it for a while....

More later.
*

1 comment:

  1. Put it away for that Alaska cruise. God knows, you can use a vacation after all these years.

    WP.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...