Friday, April 13, 2012

Out Of Sync For Women's Weekend

Working 6 days last week threw my inner clock out of whack.  Having only one day off (Wednesday) was disconcerting, to say the least.  And I've been thinking ahead about what day it is, rather than catching the cue.

I better get over this pretty damned quick; the season is only a few weeks away and 6-day work weeks (only 3 weeks away) will be the norm for the next 4 months, not the exception.

All that said, this is Women's Weekend here (which was to have begun yesterday, but didn't.  Another reason for the out-of-whack sensation.); days of workshops and nights of dances & entertainers - this year including Suzanne Westenhoefer - plus Sunday Brunches at local restaurants to end the festivities on a high note.

Unfortunately, my experience began today on a very, very low note. Miscommunication and obnoxious ill-informed dykes almost sent me over the wall.  Stupidity and arrogance are not endearing qualities and I don't play well with anyone who is either, or both.  Confronted by 2 rude, vulgar, obese dykes who attempted to bully me, I did something I really dislike having to do. Let's just say I didn't spar with them, just over-rode all arguments and accusations. Ultimately, they were defeated and deflated and just STFU until one of the locosguys was on the scene.

I don't want to spoil what promises to be a fantastic, empowering weekend for a few hundred women by passing judgement because of today's silly drama, so I will write about the weekend after the fact; putting things into perspective after the dust settles.

The restaurant is hosting a Happy Hour for attendees today through Sunday, as well as offering discounts on all menu items. Did I mention that the restaurant is also a primary sponsor of the weekend?  Well, now I have. And to my mind, that makes the rude behavior even more heinous.

Wish me luck.

And so it goes.
*

2 comments:

  1. You are wise not to let the boorish behavior of two individuals sully the waters of what should be a fine spring weekend for all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Militantism, bad manners, and aggression in any form by any group is still nasty.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...