Thursday, March 13, 2014

News: Night Sweats Are Us

Bad night ended abruptly when I woke up soaking wet from night sweats.
  A new first in the ongoing health saga that is daily life.  Not feeling strong enough to change bed linens, I changed into dry clothes instead, wrapped in a blanket and slept on the rug on the floor.  Sorry, but it was the best I could do.

Slept another hour, then was up before dawn wondering what the hell happened. Sat on the dry side of the bed sipping a hot green tea, mustering up the energy to change the sheets. 

When that was finally accomplished I was short of breath and just wanted to take a hot shower and go back to bed.  Uh-uh. No rest for the weary.  Labs and appointments at the Center are on the Gay agenda this morning and it's taken all I have in me to get ready for the adventures. 

It's turned cold and wintery again overnight  with morning temp below freezing and winds of 25 mph. and I dread having to go out in it. 

I need oxygen. Putting one foot in front of the other until I can't do it anymore. There's no more to say.

And so it goes.

*

2 comments:

  1. OMG! Only wish I was there to comfort you - or anyone was there. You're in my thoughts, for what it's worth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll second that. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome if they are positive and/or helpful.
If they are simply a tirade or opinionated bullshit, they will be removed, so don't waste your time, or mine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...